Biotech Investing Strategies in 2014 is key topic bringing investors to San Francisco for Biotech Showcase™ 2014 next week, January 13
Innovative presenting companies comprising early stage and biotech are on the program for the sixth annual Biotech Showcase™ investor and partnering conference taking place in San Francisco next week. The event, held January 13–15 at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco – Union Square, already has 963 companies and 1,480 delegates attending, providing a forum for investors to capitalize on numerous value-creating opportunities and engage potential members of the “2014 IPO Class.”
More than 200 investment companies are slated to attend with over 300 individual investors on the roster. Large pharmaceutical companies sponsoring the event will bring teams of investment and business development executives, including AstraZeneca; Janssen Research and Development, LLC; Johnson &Johnson; Merck; and Shire Pharmaceuticals.
In addition, this year’s program features several investment strategy-focused panels:
- “Biotech Showcase, Streetwise Reports and Sagient Research Present The Life Sciences Report Watchlist 2014,” the highly anticipated presentation by leading industry analysts, will give an exclusive insider’s overview of stocks and sectors to watch in the coming year.
- “Sources of Alternative Funding in Difficult Times” will feature speakers from investment and securities firms who will discuss the current investment environment for start-up medical technology companies and new funding strategies, including alternative funding sources for pre-revenue and emerging companies.
- Of special interest to internationally-minded biotech, the BaselArea incubator will present “Life Sciences Investment and Financing Climate in Europe,” with discussion focused on key investors in Europe and the unique alternative financing models available to European biotech.
- And the fourth annual Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM) “State of the Industry Briefing” is packed with key stakeholders in the regenerative medicine field, including Robert Brenner of AlloCure; Christopher Calhoun of Cytori Therapeutics; Jason Kolbert of Maxim Group; Geoff MacKay of Organogenesis Inc.; Keith Murphy of Organovo; Andrew Pecora of NeoStem; Marc Penn of Juventas Therapeutics and Co-PI of MultiStem Cardiovascular Trial, Athersys; Eliseo Salinas of StemCells, Inc.; Michael Schuster of Mesoblast; Dave Stadinski of Piper Jaffray; and Jeffrey Walsh of bluebird bio.
“Regenerative medicine is dedicated to innovation. By providing living cell therapies for a global population, we can help to improve the lives of patients dealing with everything from heart disease to diabetic ulcers. The efforts of ARM are important in promoting this growing sector. We are excited about the panel—the thought leaders in regenerative medicine will be providing projections for the year ahead,” said Geoff MacKay, chairman of the board of ARM.
Biotech Showcase is powered by partneringONE®, the industry’s most advanced partnering system that enables delegates to efficiently identify and arrange meetings with potential investors and partners.
View the program and register online.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
About Biotech Showcase™ 2014
Biotech Showcase™ is an investor and partnering conference devoted to providing private and small- and mid-cap biotechnology companies an opportunity to present to and meet with investors and biopharmaceutical executives during the course of one of the largest annual healthcare conferences that attracts investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world.
The 2013 edition showed a substantial increase in the number of presenting companies, as well as significant growth in the number of attendees and one-to-one meetings. The 2013 event featured corporate presentations by 236 public and private biotechnology and life science companies, and drew 1,600 delegates who engaged in 2,500 one-to-one meetings.
Follow Biotech Showcase 2014 on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup (hashtag: #BTS14)