Biotech Showcase™ 2015 kicks off in one week; Over 2,000 life science executive dealmakers expected to attend
The seventh annual Biotech Showcase™ investor conference takes place in just over one week on January 12–14, 2015 in San Francisco, CA at Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco – Union Square. Biotech Showcase is an investor conference devoted to providing private and public biotechnology and life sciences companies with an opportunity to present to, and meet with, investors and pharmaceutical executives. Nearly 300 investors are already registered to attend.
San Francisco is teeming with activity the week of January 12 as investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world present and discuss the latest in healthcare innovation during this annual gathering of the industry which is widely viewed as setting the tone for the coming year.
As a life science investor event, the highlight for investors and pharma attending are the public and private company presentations that take place over three days. Over 200 companies are already on board to present, and represent some of the most innovative companies ranging from discovery, to preclinical and clinical stage, to commercialization stage companies across the biopharmaceutical speciality market.
Of particular interest are companies specializing in advanced therapies and regenerative medicine, as well as companies in the immuno-oncology space. On Monday morning, January 12, a special presentation entitled “Regenerative Medicine and Advanced Therapies State of the Industry Briefing” will take place. An introduction and industry update will be given by Edward Lanphier, President and CEO of Sangamo BioSciences, and the Chairman of Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM). Based in Washington, DC, ARM is a global advocacy organization that promotes legislative, regulatory, reimbursement, investment, technical and other initiatives to accelerate the development of safe and effective regenerative medicine technologies.
“Advanced therapies are on everyone’s radar screen. They represent a new paradigm in human health that has the potential to transform the future of healthcare and the treatment of diseases of unmet medical needs,” said Lanphier. “This is an area ripe with opportunities for both healthcare investors and potential pharma partners.”
Directly following, a panel entitled “Gene therapy and genome editing: Defining the clinical and commercial requirements for success” will feature CEOs and senior executives from several of the leading gene therapy companies in a discussion looking forward to the expected clinical, regulatory and commercial inflection points for the sector in 2015 and beyond. Speakers include Katrine Bosley, CEO, Editas Medicine; Thomas Chalberg, Founder and CEO, Avalanche Biotechnologies; Josh Schimmer, Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst, Piper Jaffray; Jeffrey Walsh, COO, bluebird bio; Sue Washer, President and CEO, AGTC; and Kristina Zsebo, CEO, Celladon.
The briefing will wrap up with the panel called “Dose, delivery, data: Understanding the three D’s of Advanced Therapy drug development” which will examine key issues related to advanced therapies as the field progresses over the next 12 months. Speakers include leaders in the regenerative medicine space, including Tony Fiorino, CEO, BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics; Adam Gridley, President and CEO, Histogenics; Paul Laikind, President and CEO, ViaCyte, Inc; C. Randal Mills, President and CEO, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM); Robert Willenbucher, Head, Janssen Cell Therapy and Head, Janssen Incubator, Janssen R&D; and Paul Wotton, President and CEO, Ocata Therapeutics.
Over 2,000 executive-level delegates representing qualified private and public equity investors, industry analysts, bankers, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry executives as well as other industry professionals are expected to attend.
Biotech Showcase is powered by partneringONE®, the industry’s most advanced meeting system that enables delegates to efficiently identify and arrange meetings with potential investors.
Registration is still open for the “Biotech Showcase pre-event: The tactics of closing funding deals” to be held on Sunday, January 11. The workshop is designed for junior executives and is focused on strategic discussion and delivering results for securing funding at all levels. Pre-registration for the Biotech Showcase pre-event is separate from the main Biotech Showcase registration.
Biotech Showcase 2015 registration information is available online.
About Biotech Showcase™ 2015:
Biotech Showcase™ is an investor conference devoted to providing private and small- and mid-cap biotechnology companies an opportunity to present to and meet with investors and biopharmaceutical executives during the course of one of the largest annual healthcare conferences that attracts investors and biopharmaceutical executives from around the world.
The 2014 edition showed a substantial increase in the number of presenting companies, as well as significant growth in the number of attendees and one-to-one meetings. The 2014 event featured corporate presentations by 242 public and private biotechnology and life science companies, and drew 1,700 delegates who engaged in 3,695 one-to-one meetings.
Follow Biotech Showcase 2015 on Twitter: twitter.com/ebdgroup (hashtag: #BTS15)
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry, will be the first dedicated medtech partnering conference in Japan
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500
About Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors is focused exclusively on facilitating the growth of the life science industry. Demy-Colton has developed a number of high-value added conferences to address the business and development needs of the biotechnology industry; it provides partnering services and it has helped launch a unique investor website and newsletter.
Demy-Colton’s conferences include:
- Trans-Pacific Health Sciences Dialogue™: A C-level meeting for biopharmaceutical industry executives who want to accelerate, explore and develop collaborations and partnerships with their counterparts in the most important Trans-Pacific health care markets including Japan, China, South Korea and North America.
- Life Sciences Summit™: An early stage investor and business development conference that highlights innovation. The objective of the event is to connect biotech and academic innovators with the capital and strategic partners they will need to move new discoveries into clinical development.
- Biotech Showcase™: an investor conference featuring public and private biotechnology and life sciences companies, which takes place annually in San Francisco during the week of the largest healthcare investor conference. This event is co-produced with EBD Group.
- The Biotech CEO Summit™: a private meeting dedicated solely to the leadership of newly minted public biopharmaceutical companies and those poised to go public.
Demy-Colton’s online partnering system, Networking2™, supports Demy-Colton’s events and facilitates investor and venture meetings for the pharma industry and partnering for other organizations.
For more information please visit www.demy-colton.com
Jason Rando, Exec. Vice President & COO
# # #