Biotech Showcase™ 2018 celebrates a decade of growth in the biotech industry
Register now and join 3,500 biotech investors and leaders for the conference’s tenth year
New York, NY; Carlsbad and San Francisco, CA – November 16, 2017: Biotech Showcase™, one of the largest biotech investor conference in the world, celebrates its tenth anniversary in 2018. The event, held January 8–10, 2018 at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, brings more than 3,500 decision makers from 2,100 biotech, financial, and pharma companies to network and share insights on industry trends through plenary sessions, fireside chats, and panels. Biotech Showcase has seen a 783 percent increase in investor attendance in the ten years since its founding.
“The continued success of Biotech Showcase is built upon the increasing need for stakeholders from innovative biotech companies to meet with investors and potential partners to discuss collaboration that impacts drug development for years to come,” said Sara Jane Demy, Founder and CEO, Demy-Colton. “The event maintains a standard of excellence in the quality and caliber of companies that present, and has evolved to include the most dynamic industry trends and topics as opportunities for attendees.”
New this year, the program will include a combined Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase, a series of presentations and events featuring thought leaders from the intersection of technology and medicine, as well as a cell and gene therapies state of the industry briefing, and a China Showcase highlighting cross-border investment and collaboration opportunities. Investors and leaders from biopharma will speak on key topics including the microbiome, the future of biotech and the public markets, aging, infectious and metabolic diseases, and new targets in immuno-oncology.
“Biotech Showcase is a convergence of global life science decision makers and investors who consider the event to be a critical benchmark in their growth strategy,” Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group and KNect365 Life Sciences. “There is USD 335 billion plus in capital represented by VCs and investors attending the conference, and the impact of dealmaking and partnering activity is tangible.”
Over 900 investors across 50+ countries are expected to attend, drawn to the 400+ public and private company presentations from international biotech companies ranging from public mid- and small-cap to private venture and angel-backed private life science companies.
Headlining the program this year include key biotech leaders, investors, pharma executives, and other industry advisors:
- Jeffrey Bockman – Principal, Senior VP, Oncology Practice Head, Defined Health
- Gabriel Cavazos – Director, Investment Banking, Leerink Partners LLC
- Ron Cohen – President and CEO, Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ellen B. Corenswet – Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
- Alice Valder Curran – Partner, Hogan Lovells
- Bassil I. Dahiyat – President and CEO, Director, Xencor
- Deborah Dunsire – CEO and President, XTuit
- Alan W. Dunton – Senior VP of Research, Development and Regulatory Affairs, Purdue Pharma, L.P.
- Adam Feuerstein – Senior Columnist, TheStreet
- David A. Giljohann – CEO, Exicure
- Asthika Goonewardene – Senior Biotech Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence
- Jim Greenwood – President and CEO, Biotechnology Innovation Organization
- Darren Ji – CEO, Elpiscience Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Venture Partner, Lilly Asia Ventures
- Jared Josleyn – Head of Corporate Development, Verily Life Sciences
- Deborah Kilpatrick – CEO, Evidation Health
- Han Lee – Senior Director, Corporate Development, AstraZeneca
- Arpita Maiti – Senior Director, External Science & Innovation, Inflammation and Immunology and Microbiome, Worldwide Research and Development, Pfizer, Inc.
- Bibhash Mukhopadhyay – Principal, New Enterprise Associates
- Marian Nakada – VP, Venture Investments, Johnson & Johnson Innovation
- Glen Nedwin – CEO and President, Second Genome
- William Newell – CEO, Sutro Biopharma, Inc.
- Art Pappas – Managing Partner, Pappas Ventures
- Dennis Purcell – Founder and Senior Advisor, Aisling Capital LLC
- Wendye Robbins – President and CEO, Blade Therapeutics
- Beth Rogozinski – Chief Content Officer, Pear Therapeutics
- Asher Rubin – Global Head, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Hogan Lovells
- Barbara Ryan – Founder, Barbara Ryan Advisors
- Camille Samuels – Partner, Venrock
- Anne Smart – Managing Director, ClearView Healthcare Partners
- Luke Timmerman – Founder and Editor, Timmerman Report
- David Woods – Global Chief Marketing Officer, PENTAX Medical
- George B. Zavoico – Senior Equity Analyst, Senior VP, FBR & Co.
- Alex Zisson – Managing Director, H.I.G. Capital
For more information or to register for the event, go to BiotechShowcase.com. Credentialed press can apply for free registration online here. Follow Biotech Showcase on Twitter: @EBDGroup and @DemyColton (hashtag: #BTS18).
# # #
Since 2008, Demy-Colton has been at the forefront of building networks between leaders from innovative biotech companies and industry stakeholders to examine and address biotech opportunities and challenges and deliver on the promise of transformational science.
We do this through facilitating networking and biotech community development on an international scale. Our investor conferences and CEO Summits expand communities that transcend geographical boundaries establishing ongoing, high-value relationships that contributes greatly to the evolution of the biopharmaceutical ecosystems we cultivate.
We set a unique stage where biotech leaders, investors, and stakeholders can connect to realize significant opportunities for investment, learning, and growth. Our events spur introductions and thoughtful conversations. In turn, inspiration, ideas, and opportunities for investment flow. Demy-Colton’s expanding portfolio of conferences includes:
- Biotech Showcase™ – a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives
- Digital Medicine & MedTech Showcase™ – A two and a half day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, where key opinion leaders, investors and CEOs in the digital medicine and medtech spaces examine the latest industry advances and trends.
- China Showcase A one-day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, that highlights cross-border biotech investment and collaboration opportunities between China and the U.S.
- Biotech CEO Summit™ – An invitation-only, thought-provoking meeting for biotech industry leaders united by the common goal of driving responsible growth and innovation
- Biotech CEO Summit Europe™ – An invitation-only, one-of-a-kind event dedicated to helping the leadership of newly public and late stage private biotech companies navigate the constantly evolving biotech landscape
About EBD Group
EBD Group’s overriding mission is to help collaborations get started across the life science value chain. Our range of partnering conferences has grown to become the largest and most productive conference platform in the industry. Each one of our seven landmark events held in key life science markets around the world is powered by our state-of-the-art partnering software, partneringONE®, that enables delegates to efficiently identify and engage with new opportunities via one-to-one meetings.
Today our events (BIO-Europe®, BIO-Europe Spring®, BioPharm America™, Biotech Showcase™, ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, Cell & Gene Exchange, and BioEquity Europe) annually attract more than 12,000 senior life science executives who engage in over 48,000 one-to-one partnering meetings. These vital one-to-one engagements are the wellspring of deals that drive innovation in our industry.
Tune into EBD Group’s Partnering Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry. EBD Group is an Informa company. For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
(858) 457-2436 ext. 2014