ChinaBio® Partnering Forum Attracts Record Crowd
ChinaBio® LLC and EBD Group, co-producers of the ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, held May 22–24 in Suzhou, today announced that the fourth edition of the event attracted 719 attendees from 402 companies and 23 countries who engaged in more than 1100 one-to-one meetings. These results position ChinaBio® Partnering Forum as the largest and most productive life science conference in China.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum was created to bring together global pharma and biotech companies from Europe, the United States and around the world seeking partnerships with China life science companies.
The theme of this year’s ChinaBio® Partnering Forum was “Going Global” to reflect the increase in cross-border activity between Chinese and Western companies. Keynote speakers from Bayer, Merck, Pfizer, Lilly and Hengrui reflect both that Western pharma is significantly increasing its focus on China, while Chinese pharma is taking its products to the global market.
Exhibiting China’s commitment to innovation, the event’s Innovation Showcase featured, for the first time, recipients of China’s prestigious Thousand Talents Program Award. These leading scientists and entrepreneurs presented novel technologies for new drugs, diagnostics and research technologies.
On a parallel track, 38 life science companies presented detailed overviews of their technologies and business strategies to prospective partners and investors. Among the presenting companies were several of China’s largest and most innovative pharmaceutical companies including Ascletis, Fosun, BeiGene, Hua Medicine and Hutchison MediPharma.
“It was very exciting to set a new attendance record at our fourth ChinaBio® Partnering Forum,” said Greg Scott, CEO and founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “But more important is the quality of the companies and attendees continues to rise. With approximately one third of our attendees from outside China, the ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is now the largest and most international conference focused on life science in China.”
“We were very pleased by the high level of partnering activity at the conference,” added Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “With over 3,000 meeting requests and over 1,100 one-to-one meetings, it’s apparent that our Chinese participants are successfully leveraging our partneringONE® system to identify potential partners from around the world.”
Partnering has become a significant component of China’s explosive biopharma industry. The number of partnering deals grew 15% last year, with co-development deals the fastest growing segment, according to data from ChinaBio LLC’s research team. The rapid increase has been driven by China’s robust pipeline of over 3,200 novel molecules, nearly 200 of which are in clinical development.
The Fifth Annual ChinaBio® Partnering Forum will be held in Beijing next year, and is expected to approach 800 attendees. More information about both this year’s and next year’s events is available at www.ebdgroup.com/cbpf.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
About ChinaBio® LLC
Since its founding in January, 2007, ChinaBio® LLC has rapidly created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped global life science companies identify over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and China companies raise over USD 450 million.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 4,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with global life science companies and China entrepreneurs to define and execute a successful global strategy.
- Capital: ChinaBio helps companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China’s life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com
EBD Group, Inc.
2032 Corte del Nogal, Suite 120
Carlsbad, CA 92011 USA
+1 760 930 0500
780 Cailun Road, #822
Shanghai 201203 China
From China: +86 21 5137 0751 ext 20
From USA: +1 858 926 4566 ext 12