Distinguished Industry Leaders Join Lineup for Inaugural Charles River World Congress on Animal Models in Drug Discovery & Development
WILMINGTON, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Charles River Laboratories International, Inc. is proud to host the Inaugural Charles River World Congress on Animal Models in Drug Discovery & Development. Ranging from academia to the commercial sector, the World Congress on Animal Models speakers are each regarded as leaders in their respective fields.
New speakers for #CRLworldcon announced! Highlights include: Jay Berzofsky, David Sabatini & more! via: @criverlabs
At the Boston-based conference, being held on September 26-27, 2017, attendees will have access to keynotes and breakout sessions focused on the driving trends in reverse translational medicine.
The 25 keynote and breakout session speakers will present topics including: traditional and non-traditional animal models, novel in vitro and ex vivo approaches to disease modeling, and the application of technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing, 3D bioprinting, the exploitation of the microbiome, and co-opting the immune system in the treatment of disease.
- Jay Berzofsky, MD, PhD, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, will discuss the translation of cancer vaccines from mouse models to clinical trials.
- David Sabatini, MD, PhD, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, will discuss genetic screens to study cancer biology. This year, Sabatini won the Lurie Prize in Biomedical Sciences from the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health.
- Elazer Edelman, MD, PhD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital and CBSET, will provide a historical perspective on reverse translational medicine. Edelman is a fellow of the National Academies of Medicine, of Engineering and of Inventors, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Jake Lusis, PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, will present on the complex interactions between metabolic and cardiovascular disease. Lusis was the 2015 Recipient of the Anitschkow Prize from the European Atherosclerosis Society.
The World Congress on Animal Models is a two-day scientific program presented by Charles River, in partnership with BioPharm America™. Attendees also receive full access to BioPharm America™ and all Biotech Week Boston events. To learn more and register, visit breakthroughs.criver.com and follow #CRLworldcon on social media.
- “We are proud to welcome a distinguished group of speakers to Boston for the World Congress on Animal Models. With leaders from industry, the academic community, leading research hospitals and government agencies, our conference will provide a robust perspective on the state of translational medicine.” –Joseph Murphy, PhD, Program Committee Member for the World Congress on Animal Models
- “The field of reverse translational medicine is important now more than ever. There is a critical need for continued, innovative drug discovery, and the bedside-to-bench approach provides an opportunity to repurpose valuable research. Bringing these leaders together will invigorate the conversation, and set the tone for years to come.” –Anjli Venkateswaran, PhD, Program Committee Member for the World Congress on Animal Models
About Charles River
Charles River provides essential products and services to help pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, government agencies and leading academic institutions around the globe accelerate their research and drug development efforts. Our dedicated employees are focused on providing clients with exactly what they need to improve and expedite the discovery, early-stage development and safe manufacture of new therapies for the patients who need them. To learn more about our unique portfolio and breadth of services, visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
Amy Cianciaruso, 781-222-6168
Corporate Vice President, Public Relations