EuroMedtech™ 2013 helps create collaborative pathways to getting medtech innovation to market
The fifth annual EuroMedtech™ partnering conference concluded last week in Duesseldorf, Germany. EuroMedtech is Europe’s leading medical technology partnering conference where participants engage with potential partners around in- and out-licensing of products and IP, financing and other collaborative programs. This year’s event attracted 261 dealmakers from 191 companies who participated 600 one-to-one meetings. The event also featured presentations by 44 of the most exciting medtech companies in Europe.
“Even with hurdles to getting new products to market, such as limited VC risk capital, difficult regulatory, pricing and reimbursement, the thirst for innovation in the medtech market is stronger than ever,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “By facilitating the key interactions and partnerships among leading players in the industry, EuroMedtech is opening new paths forward for medtech innovation.”
Video coverage of EuroMedtech 2013, including the Opening Plenary “Inside innovation: How developments in financing, strategy and collaboration are driving the medtech machine” can be viewed on www.partnering360.com/insight.
Produced by EBD Group, EuroMedtech caters to companies involved in all parts of the advanced medical technology industry, from those serving mainline therapeutic categories such as drug delivery and augmented intervention in medicine, through diagnostics, imaging and eHealth to those involved in platform technologies such as micro and nanotechnological tools and implantable devices.
EuroMedtech™ 2014 will be held May 7–8, 2014 in Linz, Austria.
More information for EuroMedtech 2014 can be found online at www.ebdgroup.com/emt or follow EuroMedtech on Twitter: @EuroMedtech.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.