Global biopharma investment kicks off at Biotech Showcase™ 2017 in January
New York, NY; Carlsbad and San Francisco, CA – December 2, 2016: San Francisco will be the center of biopharma innovation and investment January 9–11, 2017 at Biotech Showcase™, the leading biotech investor event of the year produced by Demy-Colton and EBD Group. Over 3,000 delegates are expected to attend the event, considered to be a critical strategic gathering for the industry’s most innovative biotech companies to connect with global life science decision makers and investors from across the drug development ecosystem.
“Biotech Showcase is the place to be in January. You will meet the right people at the right time, and it’s a great start to the year to invigorate your business networking. The value that the event provides is the high caliber of the 300+ small/mid-cap public and private presenting companies and the 550+ investors participating,” said Sara Jane Demy, Founder and CEO, Demy-Colton.
“Now in its ninth year, we expect Biotech Showcase to grow 20% in attendance this year. We have expanded the event to two adjacent locations, with an exciting new format which includes two concurrent events, Medtech Showcase and Digital Medicine Showcase. It really is the event where innovation meets money every January,” said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director, EBD Group.
An estimated USD 40 billion plus in capital will be represented at Biotech Showcase by attending investors, including institutional, private equity, angel and venture investors who actively invest in innovative life sciences and biotech companies.
Using a proven format, international biotech companies ranging from public mid- and small-cap to private venture and angel-backed private life science companies, present to investors and strategic partners, conduct one-to-one meetings and participate in informal networking. A robust program complements this activity with panels and workshops focused on the latest industry trends featuring key biotech leaders, investors, pharma executives, and other industry advisors.
Headlining the program this year are Jeffrey Brewer, President and CEO, Bigfoot Biomedical; Alan Dunton, Senior VP, Research and Development, Purdue Pharma L.P.; Lee Jones, President and CEO, Rebiotix; Tomas Landh, Innovation Sourcing VP, Senior Principal Scientist, Novo Nordisk; Robert Millman, CEO, Semma Therapeutics; Flemming Ornskov, CEO, Shire; and Henri Termeer, Former CEO of Genzyme and Board Member, Aura Biosciences.
For more information or to register for the event, go to BiotechShowcase.com.
# # #
Additional links and information:
Follow Biotech Showcase on Twitter: @EBDGroup and @DemyColton (hashtag: #BiotechShowcase)
Demy-Colton produces high level investor and business development conferences and events for the biopharmaceutical and life sciences industry. With a proven track record and deep domain knowledge, it develops programs that add value and regularly exceed the expectations of participants. Dedicated to facilitating the growth of the life sciences industry, Demy-Colton’s expanding portfolio of conferences includes:
- Biotech Showcase™ – a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with EBD Group
- Biotech CEO Summit™ – A private, thought-provoking meeting for biotech industry leaders united by the common goal of driving responsible growth and innovation
- Biotech CEO Summit Europe™ – A private one-of-a-kind event dedicated to helping the leadership of newly public and late stage private biotech companies navigate the constantly evolving biotech landscape
- Trans-Pacific Health Sciences Dialogue™ – The first stop of any executive looking to expand, advance, explore and/or develop collaborations and partnerships in Asia
- Life Sciences Summit™ – An early stage investor and business development conference that highlights innovation
- MedTech Showcase™ – A two-day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, that explores the latest developments and technologies in the device and diagnostic industry, co-produced with EBD Group
- Digital Medicine Showcase™– This two-day showcase, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, examines the emerging digital medicine sector, identifies key players and issues, co-produced with EBD Group
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America’s vibrant life science hubs
- Cell & Gene Exchange, a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
Tune into EBD Group’s Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500