Inaugural Medtech Partnering Forum to feature leading global medtech decision makers this May 28–29, 2015 in Tokyo, Japan
EBD Group, organizer of leading international life science partnering conferences, has just announced Medtech Partnering Forum 2015, a new partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry. The event, held May 28–29 in Tokyo, will be the first dedicated international medtech partnering conference in Japan.
The event will provide insights into new developments in the rapidly changing medical technology industry in Japan and share best practices on entering new marketplaces. Participants will include executives from emerging Japanese medical technology companies; leading medtech companies from Japan, US and Europe; investors; diagnostic companies; and service related companies.
“With the pace, diversity and complexity of technology innovation accelerating, stakeholder collaborations are even more critical to cost effectively introducing new technologies into the market. The Japan Medtech Partnering Forum is an excellent opportunity to facilitate collaborations with one of the most important innovation centers within our ecosystem,” said Bill Murray, President and CEO, Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC).
The program kicks off Thursday, May 28 with an introduction by Stephen Anderson, PhD, Commercial Attaché, United States Embassy, Tokyo, Japan, followed by keynote addresses featuring keynote speakers Koji Nakao, Chairman, Japan Federation of Medical Devices Associations and Chairman, Terumo Corporation, and Murray, head of MDIC.
On Friday, a special executive forum, “Device Industry Promotion Policy,” will feature speakers Stephen Anderson, Commercial Attaché, United States Embassy, Tokyo, Japan; Danny Risberg, CEO, Philips Electronics Japan Ltd. and Chairman, European Business Council in Japan; and Hiroshi Tsuchiya, Director, Medical and Assistive Device Industries Office, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan.
Other distinguished speakers representing leading decision makers in the life sciences medical device field include:
- Vicki Anastasi – VP and Global Head, Medical Device and Diagnostics Research, ICON;
- Edgar Fenzl – Managing Director, FGK Clinical Research GmbH;
- Patrik Frei, PhD – CEO, Venture Valuation;
- Christian Haller – CEO, The RavenOye Group;
- Makoto Kikuchi – President, Medical Device Strategy Institute (MDSI) at Japan Association for the Advancement of Medical Equipment (JAAME);
- Hajime Oshita – President and CEO, MedVenture Partners;
- Seiko Oyama – BSI Group Japan K.K., QMS Lead Assessor, Medical Devices Certification Division, Manager, Active Medical Devices Assessor Team; and
- Takahiro Uchida – CEO, Japan Organization for Medical Devices, Inc. (JOMDD, Inc.).
The event is organized by EBD Group in collaboration with local hosts Japan Business Association and The RavenOye Group with the support of AdvaMed. It is the outgrowth of an annual program organized and coordinated by The RavenOye Group.
Innovative medtech companies, organizations and researchers interested in partnering their technologies or products, initiating strategic alliances, or tapping into the financing network will be presenting at the event. A list of presenters will be available soon online.
# # #
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry, will be the first dedicated medtech partnering conference in Japan
- Biolatam, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America’s vibrant life science hubs
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500