Medtech and Digital Medicine Showcase events present innovative technology opportunities to investors in January
New York, NY; Carlsbad and San Francisco, CA – December 12, 2016: Now in its ninth year, Biotech Showcase™, the leading biotech investor event of the year produced by Demy-Colton and EBD Group, will offer even more innovative opportunities for investment deals and partnering. Two concurrent two-day events, MedTech Showcase™ and Digital Medicine Showcase™, will ignite potential partnerships in the medtech and digital medicine sectors this January in San Francisco.
Biotech Showcase takes place at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square January 9–11, while both two-day events take place at the Parc 55 San Francisco – A Hilton Hotel January 10–11.
“These robust two-day programs enhance the overall alliance-building strategy that Biotech Showcase is known for, creating a home base for the life sciences industry during the biggest week in healthcare in San Francisco that has it all: investors, innovative companies, industry experts, one-to-one meetings and networking,” said Anna Chrisman, Group Managing Director at EBD Group.
“Attendees of the Medtech and Digital Showcase events will have the chance to gain insights and network with thought leaders from Medtronic, Boston Scientific, Venrock, dRx, Omada, Evidation Health, Pear Therapeutics, HOYA, PatientsLikeMe, Validic, Verily and Qualcomm. Although only in their second year, these two programs are already commanding attention from key sector influencers,” said Sara Jane Demy, CEO of Demy-Colton.
Medtech Showcase will feature over 30 influential industry leaders who will explore the latest developments and technologies in the device and diagnostic industry. Program panels will focus on strategic partnerships and include high-level experts from the medtech space, including:
- Lara Abbaschian – VP, Lightstone Ventures
- Vicki Anastasi – VP and Global Head, Medical Device and Diagnostics Research, ICON plc
- Charlie Attlan – SVP Corporate Development and Business Development, Boston Scientific
- Ryan Egeland – Director, Business Development and Licensing, Medtronic
- Justin Klein – Partner, NEA
- Bill Murray – President and CEO, Medical Device Innovation Consortium (MDIC)
- Nicole Walker – Principal, Baird Capital
- Augustine Yee – Executive Officer, Chief Legal Officer and Head of Corporate Development and Affairs, HOYA
Digital Medicine Showcase is dedicated to the key players and issues from the emerging digital medicine sector, including the game-changing tools that will usher in a new age of healthcare by enabling individuals to become the CEOs of their own health.
Featured speakers at Digital Medicine Showcase include:
- Adam Brickman – Director, Strategic Communications and Public Policy, Omada Health
- Eric Elenko – Executive VP, Science and Technology, PureTech
- Monique Levy – SVP, Head of Customer Strategy and Value Delivery, PatientsLikeMe
- Corey McCann – CEO, Pear Therapeutics
- Aaron Nelson – General Partner, dRx Capital
- Bryan Roberts – Partner, Venrock
- Lita Sands – Managing Director, Digital Transformation, inVentiv Health
- Drew Schiller – CEO and Co-Founder, Validic
# # #
Additional links and information:
Follow Medtech Showcase (hashtag: #MedTechShow) and Digital Medicine Showcase (hashtag: #DigMedShow) on Twitter: @EBDGroup & @DemyColton.
Demy-Colton produces high-level investor and business development conferences and events for the biopharmaceutical and life sciences industry. With a proven track record and deep domain knowledge, it develops programs that add value and regularly exceed the expectations of participants. Dedicated to facilitating the growth of the life sciences industry, Demy-Colton’s expanding portfolio of conferences includes:
- Biotech Showcase™ – a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with EBD Group
- Biotech CEO Summit™ – A private, thought-provoking meeting for biotech industry leaders united by the common goal of driving responsible growth and innovation
- Biotech CEO Summit Europe™ – A private one-of-a-kind event dedicated to helping the leadership of newly public and late stage private biotech companies navigate the constantly evolving biotech landscape
- Trans-Pacific Health Sciences Dialogue™ – The first stop of any executive looking to expand, advance, explore and/or develop collaborations and partnerships in Asia
- Life Sciences Summit™ – An early stage investor and business development conference that highlights innovation
- MedTech Showcase™ – A two-day meeting, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, that explores the latest developments and technologies in the device and diagnostic industry, co-produced with EBD Group
- Digital Medicine Showcase™– This two-day showcase, coinciding with Biotech Showcase, examines the emerging digital medicine sector, identifies key players and issues, co-produced with EBD Group
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America’s vibrant life science hubs
- Cell & Gene Exchange, a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
Tune into EBD Group’s Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500