Over 750 life science executives met potential partners at ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2013 in Beijing
Forward-thinking industry executives converged upon Beijing last week for ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, China’s premier life science partnering event. Senior executives representing leading drug development and medtech companies from around the world attended the event, in search of opportunities to partner in China.
The fifth annual event, held at the Shangri-La Hotel Beijing, was attended by over 750 life science delegates from 405 companies and 22 countries who engaged in more than 1,100 one-to-one meetings facilitated by partneringONE®. Sixty-five percent of attending companies were from China.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is co-organized by EBD Group, the premier partnering conference firm for the life science industry, and ChinaBio® LLC, a leading consulting firm in Shanghai.
“As China’s role in the global pharma market continues to increase each year, ChinaBio®Partnering Forum also grows in importance,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® LLC. “This year, we saw more attendees from both global pharma and China’s leading pharma and biotechs than ever before. Attendees tell us that the Partnering Forum is the best organized and most productive partnering conference in China, and when they are happy, we are happy.”
“The biopharma market in China is a growth market that has more than doubled over the last five years in terms of cross-border collaborations,” said Carola Schropp, President of EBD Group. “Western drug giants and investors are eager to capitalize on the vast potential for in-licensing and distribution partnership deals available at ChinaBio® Partnering Forum. It is a dynamic environment and a high-quality research and manufacturing destination, and this is the impetus for the event.”
Multinational companies including Abbott, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Life Technologies, Lonza, Lundbeck, Merck, Novo Nordisk, Qiagen and Sanofi, as well as many others were well represented at the Partnering Forum. China pharma were also strongly represented by 3SBio, BeiGene, BGI, Furen, Fosun, Grand Pharma, Hengrui, Humanwell, Minhaj, Luqa, RuiYi, Reyoung, Sine, SinoPharm, SL Pharma, Tasly and many others.
The main program was focused on global partnering in China, with speakers representing the broad range of industry executives, from leading Chinese companies and service providers to global pharma. This year’s keynote, “Partnering landscape in China: Joining the global game,” was a highlight of the event, and featured executive panelists Eckhard Ottow, MD, PhD from Bayer Pharma AG; Yongkui Sun,PhD from MSD R&D (China) Co., Ltd.; Jinzi J. Wu, PhD from Ascletis, Inc.; and Steve Yang, PhD from AstraZeneca.
Other panels of high interest were “Biologics and biosimilars in China: The race is on,” “Clinical strategies in China: Smoothing a rough road” and “VC investment: The global connection.”
Video coverage of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2013 is available atwww.partnering360.com/insight.
The next edition of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum will be held in Suzhou, China, May 7–8, 2014. The annual event attracts biotech and pharma leaders from around the world and engages delegates with one-to-one meetings, workshops and panels, exhibits, networking receptions and a gala banquet evening event. For more information, please go towww.ebdgroup.com/cbpf.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
About ChinaBio® LLC
Since its founding in January, 2007, ChinaBio® LLC has rapidly created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped global life science companies identify over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and China companies raise over USD 450 million.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 4,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with global life science companies and China entrepreneurs to define and execute a successful global strategy.
- Capital: ChinaBio helps companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China’s life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com
EBD Group, Inc.
2032 Corte del Nogal, Suite 120
Carlsbad, CA 92011 USA
+1 760 930 0500
780 Cailun Road, #822
Shanghai 201203 China
From China: +86 21 5137 0751 ext 20
From USA: +1 858 926 4566 ext 12