Over 850 life science executives and dealmakers attended ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2015 in Shanghai, China, last week
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2015 brought a record 858 internationally-focused life science executives and investors to Shanghai, China last week. The event, held April 15–16, is China’s premier life science partnering event for dealmakers interested in cross-border partnerships that will enable them to gain access to China’s rapidly growing healthcare market.
Global pharma companies were represented at the event, with executives in attendance from AstraZeneca, Bayer HealthCare, Johnson & Johnson Innovation, MSD, Novo Nordisk, Roche, and many others. In addition, 435 companies attended, with a record 50 innovative companies, organizations and researchers having presented their technologies or products in order to initiate strategic alliances at ChinaBio® Partnering Forum.
“As the second largest pharma market, China is a growing global force for the life science industry,” said Greg B. Scott, President and Founder of ChinaBio® Group. “Western companies of all sizes now clearly understand that they must have a presence in China, which in turn drives the increased demand for cross-border partnering, and is evidenced by the continued growth of ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the largest global dealmaking event in China.”
The program covered panels relevant to cross-border dealmaking, and featured China and international life science executives including:
- Peter Corne, LLM – Managing Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LLP;
- Anand Gautam – Director, R&D Innovation Sourcing and Academic Partnerships, Novo Nordisk;
- Ajay Gautam, PhD, MBA – Executive Director and Head of Collaborations, AsiaPac and Emerging Markets, AstraZeneca
- Ruediger Hermann – Partner, Corporate Life Sciences, Dechert LLP;
- Lewis Ho – Partner, Dechert LLP HK;
- Frank S. Hong, JD – Partner, Dorsey & Whitney LL;
- Yuliang Huang, PhD – CEO, Generon (Shanghai) Corporation Ltd.;
- Judith Li, MBA – Principal, Lilly Asia Ventures;
- Geoffrey Lin, JD – Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP;
- Scott Liu, PhD – President and CEO, Henlius Biotech Co., Ltd.;
- Mark G. Lotter, MBA – Founder and CEO, Nuance Biotech Inc.;
- Peter Luo, PhD – Founder and CEO, Adagene (Suzhou) Limited;
- Mark Noguchi, MBA – VP and Global Head, Alliance and Asset Management, Roche Partnering
- Dianna Qian, MBA – Principal of Healthcare Team, FountainVest;
- Jonathan Wang, PhD, MBA – Senior Managing Director, OrbiMed Asia;
- Katherine Wang, LLM – Partner, Ropes & Gray LLP;
- Steve Yang, PhD – Executive VP and COO, WuXi AppTec;
- Michael Yu, PhD – President and CEO, Innovent Biologics, Inc.;
- Joe Zhou, PhD – CEO, Genor BioPharma and VP, Walvax Group; and
- Zhengying Zhu, MD, PhD – General Manager and Chief Medical Officer, Luoxin Pharmaceutical.
ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is co-organized by EBD Group, the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry, and ChinaBio® Group, a leading consulting and advisory firm in Shanghai.
Panel videos and conference coverage will be available online at partnering360:Insight.
# # #
About ChinaBio® Group:
Since its founding in 2007, ChinaBio® Group has created a broad platform of capabilities connecting China life science with the world. ChinaBio has helped western life science companies identify over 1,000 licensing and acquisition opportunities and raise over USD 500 million in funding in China.
- Conferences: ChinaBio organizes the premier life science investment and partnering conferences in China, having attracted over 5,000 attendees.
- Consulting: ChinaBio helps global life science companies to define and execute a successful strategy in China.
- Capital: ChinaBio launched its first VC fund in 2014 focused on bringing Western companies and technologies to China.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read online and email newsletter on China’s life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabio.com.
From China: +86 21 5137 0751 ext 20
From USA: +1 858 859 1860
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Medtech Partnering Forum, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry, will be the first dedicated medtech partnering conference in Japan
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America’s vibrant life science hubs
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500