Tenth annual BioPharm America™ joins Biotech Week Boston for incomparable opportunities in biotech partnering
Carlsbad, CA and Boston, MA – October 3, 2017: Nearly 800 executives from the life science industry attended BioPharm America™ 2017 life science partnering event in Boston last week. Each year at this event, unmatched networking possibilities combined with two days of one-to-one partnering meetings propel valuable deals in the drug development industry.
The highly successful 2017 event included attendance by delegates from 528 companies representing 32 countries. As well, almost 2,000 one-to-one partnering meetings took place at the event where 812 licensing opportunities were on offer, and there were 45 company presentations.
The tenth annual event was held over two days, September 26–27, at the Sheraton Boston, in conjunction with several Biotech Week Boston events at the Hynes Convention Center including the BioProcess International Conference & Exhibition, Cell & Gene Therapy BioProcessing & Commercialization, and the Xconomy Awards. The Translational Impact Forum hosted by Charles River presented the latest trends in groundbreaking life science research and connected entrepreneurs and researchers to funding, development and commercialization partners. The Startup Toolkit and Pitch Competition provided useful tips and experience to a host of very early-stage biotech startups.
High-level pharma and finance executives spoke on Strategy and Business panels on topics including:
- What’s the next big thing on investors’ wish list?
- Alternative financing and venture philanthropy
- Why Chinese investors are pouring big money into biotech
- What’s the next big thing on pharma’s wish list?
- Cell and gene therapies: From discovery to commercialization
The startup pitch contest, featuring 20 early-stage entrepreneurs, offered a first-place prize including post-show mentorship by top-tier venture capitalists, pharma representatives and private equity investors with the opportunity to return for BioPharm America 2018 to give a full-length presentation. The winner was Sven Karlsson, Co-Founder and Chief Business Officer of Platelet BioGenesis.
BioPharm America 2018 will be held in Boston September 5–6, 2018.
# # #
Additional links and information:
Follow BioPharm America on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BioPharmUSA).
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton
- Digital Medicine & Medtech Showcase, at the intersection of technology and medicine
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Cell & Gene Exchange, a partnering forum focused on the patient community in cell and gene therapy sectors, co-produced with Alliance for Regenerative Medicine (ARM).
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world. Tune into EBD Group’s Partnering Insight for timely coverage of news that influences the business strategies of the life science industry.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500