Top life science industry executives will lead the BIO-Europe® 2015 program
The program of the BIO-Europe® 2015 international life science partnering conference, organized by EBD Group and held in Munich, Germany, November 2–4, 2015, is already packed with recognizable names and thought leaders from the global drug development industry.
The opening plenary on Monday, November 2, takes a discerning look at the way big pharma companies are reconfiguring themselves to function more like small biotech. From operational changes that embody a startup ethic to their renewed focus on the patient and to pioneering new disease therapies, can big pharma really recapture the innovation of the past by “thinking small”? The plenary will take a close look at this trend in “How big can be small” moderated by Mark Edwards, Managing Director, BioScience Advisors, with panelists:
- Belén Garijo – Member of the Executive Board, CEO Healthcare, Merck
- John Glasspool – Executive VP, Head, Corporate Strategy and Customer Operations, Baxalta
- Bahija Jallal – Executive VP, AstraZeneca; Head, MedImmune
New this year is a panel on November 2 dedicated to animal health. The panel “Opportunities at the intersection of animal and human health” will explore the fluid boundary between animal and human health and the possibilities available to biotech companies which bridge the two worlds.
In addition to animal health, other new program offerings on the latest industry trends and topics feature experts speaking on:
- Rare Cancers: Rarity presents its own challenges, from clinical trials to reimbursement. Find out what is being done to get therapies to patients.
- Regenerative Medicine: Get past the hype and hear discussion on the real issues that must be resolved to get from promise to treatment.
- The Microbiome: You are your bacteria. Experts discuss the tipping point that turns a body from health toward disease, and the potential for intervention.
- Big Data: You’ve heard of the transformative possibilities, but find out what is really being done to impact R&D and the future of medicine.
On Tuesday, November 3, a keynote entitled “A day in the life of experienced dealmakers: Transformational deals that shaped the industry in 2015” is expected to draw a large audience. In the afternoon, a special lunch session, ”What you need to know about the life sciences landscape in Europe,” will bring together a panel of experts to weigh in on new investment opportunities and current challenges for life sciences companies on the move.
BIO-Europe registration numbers are already up and expected to surpass last year’s edition. The 2014 event featured 17,902 one-to-one partnering meetings. Over 3,200 delegates from 1,772 companies representing 54 countries attended. There were 162 company presentations with 4,032 licensing opportunities on offer, and 98 exhibitors at the event.
BIO-Europe registration information is available online.
# # #
Additional links and information:
Follow BIO-Europe 2015 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #BEU15).
Online Press Kit service for BIO-Europe 2015 is available from PR Newswire to enhance your public relations efforts.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® Group
- Biolatam®, facilitating partnering among global life sciences executives in Latin America’s vibrant life science hubs
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.
+1 760 930 0500