BIO-Europe Spring® 2010 Puts the ‘Spring’ into Biotech Partnering
Over 1,700 international life science executives from 1,061 companies engage in over 9,000 one-to-one partnering meetings
BARCELONA, Spain – March 10, 2010: Over 1700 delegates from 1,061 companies gather for the fourth annual BIO-Europe Spring® partnering conference, held in Barcelona, Spain, March 8–10 at the International Convention Centre of Barcelona (CCIB). The event offered a compelling demonstration that the introduction of BIO-Europe Spring in 2007 created the right event at the right moment to satisfy a growing need for a large and productive partnering event.
President of EBD Group, Carola Schropp, commented that BIO-Europe Spring 2010 was a resounding success, generating over 9,000 one-to-one meetings, which is a 27 percent increase over the previous event in Milan in 2009. Many of these meetings will grow into tomorrow’s important industry collaborations with a promise of new cures for patients around the world.
“BIO-Europe Spring 2010 once again set a new benchmark in the number of delegates and partnering meetings held. The fact that this even has grown by nearly 50 percent in the four years since its inception is testament to the power of our partneringONE® system, highly experienced team, and the extraordinary support of our regional hosts and corporate sponsors,” she said.
Highlights of the event included:
- 17 workshops and panel discussions with 70 leading life science executives, venture capitalists, academic researchers and consultants participating as speakers.
- Over 100 company presentations by major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
- An announced drug discovery deal between Cellzome and GlaxoSmithKline worth up to EUR 508 million.
- A new Defined Health Therapeutic Insight track that explored the transformative growth issues in leading therapeutic categories.
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations, and include:
- BIO-Europe and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world.
Outside of the conference format, EBD Group’s consultants provide hands-on assistance for firms seeking to in- or out-license products and technologies.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information visit www.ebdgroup.com
+1 617 292 7319